Thursday, March 11, 2010

Waiting

Finished up our final counseling and medical evaluation yesterday! Except one test was missing from my records, so I am currently awaiting a call back from a nurse to find out if the test was done and just omitted from the records or if I have to go back in and get more blood drawn. Once I get that to the Nurse we are cleared to order sperm!

Which now means we need to narrow down our donor list and place our order. Our final decision will be deciding on timing for insemination. Perhaps some of our readers can give us some advice.

Based on my charting I generally get a positive OPK, the next day a normal temp and the day after a spike. Between that and my other fertility signs it seems that I am O'ing the day after my positive OPK.

Since we plan on doing one home insemination and one IUI, both with frozen sperm, we are trying to get our timing right. Originally my plan was to do the home insemination the evening i get the positive OPK and the IUI the following morning (my potential O day).

A woman at the clinic recommended doing the IUI in the morning after my positive OPK and then the home insemination around 12 hours later.

Sooo.....any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment