Monday, April 19, 2010

Stick it in!

It would only make sense that our first IUI happened on Marathon Monday and during an afternoon Red Sox home game. Our clinic is right across from Fenway Park so needless to say things were quite busy. Parking by the clinic is difficult on a normal day, but throw these two events into the mix and it becomes downright impossible. The last resort garage we would normally pay to park in was charging $50 today. Fifty dollars! For that price, I hope the spot comes with a little slap and tickle! We ending up finding the one lot that was only charging $30, and just took it on the chin.

Did I mention I'm a huge Yankee's fan? So knowing the entire Red Sox nation would be out in full force right outside the clinic, S wore one of my Yankee's sweatshirts during insemination.

We made our way into the office and S assumed the position on the crinkly paper, feet in stirrups and me beside her side. Once everything was in it's proper place, I was asked if I'd like to pull the plunger. Sure why not. As the nurse held the syringe in place I put my finger on the trigger and had at it. Too fast the nurse said. Then too slow. Stop. Slowly.... slowly.... keep going... and stop. The whole thing must have lasted only 30 seconds, but it felt like I was down there forever. I was so afraid to do something wrong, I had visions of pushing the little guys threw with so much force they'd come shooting out of S's eyeballs! But alas the syringe was emptied and we were on our way.

We stopped for some good luck lunch on the way home then got S all situated on the couch for an afternoon of relaxation. I cut her up some pineapple and threw in Baby's Momma. Now she's soundly sleeping beside me... I'm guessing it's safe to turn the movie off now and put on Spartacus.

Oh yeah.... the Red Sox lost today's game. Hopefully thats good mojo that a new Yankee's fan will have been conceived today! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank God! For a minute I thought you were a Red Sox fan and I'd have to stop reading your blog. We're strictly a Yankees household (although truthfully I don't care too much for baseball, but if you tell anyone I'll deny it completely!)

    Hope all the baseball fever helps the swimmers do their thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I wonder how many couples have had that EXACT same experience. We've been hit with the bb game parking disaster, but the Marathon Monday 'bonus' is a killer.
    Good luck! Bring on the tww!

    ReplyDelete