Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Surprised Again!

But this time it wasn't so bad. True story.

I generally make my IUI appointments for CD 18-22, since history has told me those days usually work. So, my first appointment for this month was tomorrow. The procedure is I call and confirm if I'm ready, or call to cancel if I'm not.

Like the good little TTC'er that I am, I was peeing on a monitor stick every day, seeing low after low after low. Generally I get a few highs and then peak. On Monday I got a low. Normal. On Tuesday I get out of the shower, take the stick out of the monitor and see peak!

Panicked, I run up to the bedroom and ask J what we should do. Seeing as we inseminated too early last month, we were really anxious about our timing. I hurry and leave a voicemail for the clinic to see if they can squeeze me in on Tuesday and Wednesday (you know, since I didn't have any appointments!) and take my very last OPK (digital) and stick it my work bag. Around noon I mosey into the bathroom, POAS, and wait. After 3 minutes, a big smiley face greets me and I start to relax about the timing.

J wasn't able to make the appointment yesterday and it wasn't the most comfortable. Some painful cramping afterward and it didn't help that I had to walk to the train to get home. Luckily she was able to meet me today and it was great!

I'm hoping for a temp spike tomorrow to confirm the big O and then the dreaded TWW. Luckily I'll be spending a few days with my newly pregnant best friend on the Cape, so that should make the time go faster.

Our timing was as perfect as it could be this month and I'm hoping to ride the wave of all the recent BFP. So send that baby dust my way!

1 comment: